Lineage Logistics Strengthens Industry Leading Temperature-Controlled Facility Network in North America Through Ten Strategic Acquisitions
August 11, 2020
10 acquisitions include 24 locations spanning over 5.5 million square feet and 153 million cubic feet of capacity across core population and food production markets in the U.S.
Lineage announces a number of U.S. acquisitions on the heels of its closing the acquisition of Ontario Refrigerated Services, which marks the Company’s entrance to Canada
Novi, MI – Lineage Logistics, LLC (“Lineage” or the “Company”), the world’s largest and most innovative provider of temperature-controlled logistics solutions, today announced the completion of ten strategic acquisitions in the United States to build on its leading facility network. Over the past eighteen months, Lineage completed strategic domestic acquisitions consisting of 24 locations across core population and food production markets. All of these acquisitions have either been successfully integrated or are on track to be integrated by year end.
Among the assets most recently acquired is Southern Cold Storage, which adds two facilities in Alabama and Louisiana to support customer growth in the Southeast and enhances Lineage’s service offering via its local shuttle services to create a valued packaged solution.
The announced acquisitions include:
- Southern Cold Storage, including two locations in Gadsden, AL and Baton Rouge, LA.
- Allied Frozen Storage, including eight locations in upstate New York.
- One net leased location in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Professional Freezing Services, including two locations in Bedford Park, IL.
- Iowa Cold Storage, including one location in Altoona, IA.
- Western Distribution Services, including two locations in Washington State.
- One location in the Port of Seattle, WA.
- Two locations from Ryder Logistics in Rochelle, IL, and Milwaukee, WI.
- Two locations from NORPAC in Oregon.
- Three net leased locations from Investcorp in Chicagoland, IL.
“While we have recently completed a number of international acquisitions, we remain focused on strengthening our U.S. footprint and offering our customers additional capacity and services in key markets,” said Greg Lehmkuhl, President and Chief Executive Officer of Lineage. “Each of these acquisitions amplifies our existing facility network and the incredible value we are able to provide our customers. We’re also thrilled to welcome many high-caliber teams from across the country to our growing and dynamic family."
Lineage’s recent acquisition activity in the United States is in response to growing demand for cold storage, which is supported by strong population growth, changing consumer food preferences and increasing demand for the services of third-party logistics providers as the food supply chain becomes increasingly complex.
Today’s news comes on the heels of the Company’s recently announced acquisition of Ontario Refrigerated Services, which is now completed. This marks Lineage’s entrance into Canada and the launch of its greater North American platform.